An Open Letter to Roger on 9/11 - Remember the motherless children
pakistanifloyd Offline
More

QueenPinkWhoZep Wrote:I hope you never come to america.....and if you do, come pay me a visit, i have something for you....

So, what have you got for me ? Guantanamo Bay ? That's what I expect from pro-Bush folks (I have few American friends and they are certainly not like you so I won't say all Americans got small brain like you or George Bush or those Texas guys)

Quote:for you people who complain about the war in iraq, you should all be taken to a field and #$@$%

Come to me Mr. and I'll take you to Roger Waters, he'll sing for you:

There's one in the spotlight
He don't look right to me
Get him up against the wall

The thing is you're one of those who think 9/11 started everything and people like you blindly support war criminals like George Bush/Hitler, you guys watch Fox news pro-Bush channels which hides the secrets of 9/11 goverment's inside job! Once again for you folks, Rumsfield already had this IRAQ WAR PLAN before 9/11, It has nothing to do with the 9/11 revenge, and what revenge?

I won't invite you to Pakistan because you must have this perception we live in mountains, we got guns in our hands etc etc thats what your media shows! Get out of that World of yours, the World is different and truth is out there, go and investigate it, learn the causes of terrorism and work out to make this place safer from Bush-Qaeda squad! But if you'll like to come I say your most welcome, I guarantee you'll be safe, I'll take you to Pink Floyd tribute concert where Pakistan & South Asias best guitarists perform. Will take you out for nice dinner full of asian food!

I might have quoted Roger Waters lyrics which bashes America, but I respect every American and every Westener just the way I respect my own people. Roger Waters is not attacking America here, just attacking the Bush-Rumsfield-Cheney-Rice team which have been planning these things from the 70s.

May God show light to the blind!

May God bless this World!

As salt resolved in the ocean
I was swallowed in God's sea,
Past faith, past unbelieving,
Past doubt, past certainty.
Suddenly in my bosom
A star shone clear and bright;
All the suns of heaven
Vanished in that star's light.
09-12-2006 05:09 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
wish_you_were_here Offline
A Saucerful of Secrets

Quote:Funny you should say that. I have no idea why he's coming to Pittsburgh (and Cleveland). He's only coming to a handfull of cities, and he selects Pittsburgh? But I'm not complaining about that. I definitely expect to have a great time..

Im upset he decided to do one city in the UK and for only one day, considering he is from here, he does loads of cities in america but just one gig here in the UK? Gilmour did 3 major cities (London, Manchester - which i went to :-) and Glasgow). You lot in America are lucky.
09-12-2006 05:25 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mabewa Offline
Wish You Were Here

Quote:I hope you never come to america.....and if you do, come pay me a visit, i have something for you....for you people who complain about the war in iraq, you should all be taken to a field and #$@$%

Now, THIS is the kind of person who we have a problem with in the US. Unfortunately, I don't think we have enough mental hospitals to fit all of these kind of wanna-be fascist wingnuts.

First, one thing I've noticed about your ilk: you all talk big from behind the safety of yer computer screens, but you tend to be much meeker in real life. Maybe it's because if you actually go around attacking people on basis of their religion, race or political beliefs, you tend you get locked up or worse. Kinda sucks, don't it?

Second, should I, and the 60% of Americans who don't agree with the war in Iraq should be "taken to a field and #$@$%"??? Wow, you are going to have to kill a LOT of people, Adolf.

You obviously have NO understanding what our Founding Fathers fought and died for. You should have moved to Saddam's Iraq while you still had a chance... when he invaded Iran and killed hundreds of thousands of Iranians, you would have been blissfully free of having to listen to any criticism of the war whatsover. Is that what you want for the US? I have good news for you: there are still a number of dictatorships left in the world, and I invite you to move to one immediately.

One more thing: what about the Republicans that gave Saddam money, computers, helicopters, nerve gas components, etc., in the 80's? Should they be punished as well? Or, in your dreamed-of fascist state, do those people get off scot-free, while the ordinary citizens who say things like "Maybe we should have left Iraq alone and gone after the people who actually attacked us" get "taken to a field and #$@$%." Nice.

Among other things, you obviously have failed to understand ANYTHING that Pink Floyd and Roger Waters are about.

Oh, BTW, you like Lep Zep, huh? Have you, by chance, bothered to listen to Robert Plant's latest SOLO ALBUM, by chance? "Freedom Fries"? Yer in for a real treat, chump, that's all I can say.

Edited By mabewa on 1158114272
09-12-2006 05:34 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
QueenPinkWhoZep Offline
Banned

pakistanifloyd Wrote:
QueenPinkWhoZep Wrote:I hope you never come to america.....and if you do, come pay me a visit, i have something for you....

So, what have you got for me ? Guantanamo Bay ? That's what I expect from pro-Bush folks (I have few American friends and they are certainly not like you so I won't say all Americans got small brain like you or George Bush or those Texas guys)

Quote:for you people who complain about the war in iraq, you should all be taken to a field and #$@$%

Come to me Mr. and I'll take you to Roger Waters, he'll sing for you:

There's one in the spotlight
He don't look right to me
Get him up against the wall

The thing is you're one of those who think 9/11 started everything and people like you blindly support war criminals like George Bush/Hitler, you guys watch Fox news pro-Bush channels which hides the secrets of 9/11 goverment's inside job! Once again for you folks, Rumsfield already had this IRAQ WAR PLAN before 9/11, It has nothing to do with the 9/11 revenge, and what revenge?

I won't invite you to Pakistan because you must have this perception we live in mountains, we got guns in our hands etc etc thats what your media shows! Get out of that World of yours, the World is different and truth is out there, go and investigate it, learn the causes of terrorism and work out to make this place safer from Bush-Qaeda squad! But if you'll like to come I say your most welcome, I guarantee you'll be safe, I'll take you to Pink Floyd tribute concert where Pakistan & South Asias best guitarists perform. Will take you out for nice dinner full of asian food!

I might have quoted Roger Waters lyrics which bashes America, but I respect every American and every Westener just the way I respect my own people. Roger Waters is not attacking America here, just attacking the Bush-Rumsfield-Cheney-Rice team which have been planning these things from the 70s.

May God show light to the blind!

May God bless this World!
inside job? explain
09-12-2006 10:36 PM
QueenPinkWhoZep Offline
Banned

mabewa Wrote:
Quote:I hope you never come to america.....and if you do, come pay me a visit, i have something for you....for you people who complain about the war in iraq, you should all be taken to a field and #$@$%

Now, THIS is the kind of person who we have a problem with in the US. Unfortunately, I don't think we have enough mental hospitals to fit all of these kind of wanna-be fascist wingnuts.

First, one thing I've noticed about your ilk: you all talk big from behind the safety of yer computer screens, but you tend to be much meeker in real life. Maybe it's because if you actually go around attacking people on basis of their religion, race or political beliefs, you tend you get locked up or worse. Kinda sucks, don't it?

Second, should I, and the 60% of Americans who don't agree with the war in Iraq should be "taken to a field and #$@$%"??? Wow, you are going to have to kill a LOT of people, Adolf.

You obviously have NO understanding what our Founding Fathers fought and died for. You should have moved to Saddam's Iraq while you still had a chance... when he invaded Iran and killed hundreds of thousands of Iranians, you would have been blissfully free of having to listen to any criticism of the war whatsover. Is that what you want for the US? I have good news for you: there are still a number of dictatorships left in the world, and I invite you to move to one immediately.

One more thing: what about the Republicans that gave Saddam money, computers, helicopters, nerve gas components, etc., in the 80's? Should they be punished as well? Or, in your dreamed-of fascist state, do those people get off scot-free, while the ordinary citizens who say things like "Maybe we should have left Iraq alone and gone after the people who actually attacked us" get "taken to a field and #$@$%." Nice.

Among other things, you obviously have failed to understand ANYTHING that Pink Floyd and Roger Waters are about.

Oh, BTW, you like Lep Zep, huh? Have you, by chance, bothered to listen to Robert Plant's latest SOLO ALBUM, by chance? "Freedom Fries"? Yer in for a real treat, chump, that's all I can say.
No i didnt listen to his solo album becuase he is **** without page
09-12-2006 10:41 PM
quickpost Offline
More

09-13-2006 03:44 AM
pakistanifloyd Offline
More

As salt resolved in the ocean
I was swallowed in God's sea,
Past faith, past unbelieving,
Past doubt, past certainty.
Suddenly in my bosom
A star shone clear and bright;
All the suns of heaven
Vanished in that star's light.
09-13-2006 04:03 AM
FloydianLeaf Offline
Ummagumma

scalzmoney Wrote:In my line of work you have to be a stickler for proper English.
"prerogative" is the proper spelling of the word you misspelled in your post before this one.

I was going to let it go without saying anything, as it is a very commonly misspelled word, but then I read the above and thought you may appreciate the correction as to not make the mistake again.
09-13-2006 05:02 AM
pinkfloydfan1 Offline
Division Bell

scalzmoney Wrote:Listen Mabewa,

Within Jumpy's post you may find truth, but I find it false. I'm not saying he can't say it if he wants to, I'm just saying he's wrong.

To say to an artist, 'hey buddy, I respect ya, but could you tone it down a little' is to silence their creative voice. That's wrong. And I'm not going to just say, 'good job, I agree with some of what you said'. I don't sit here and tell Toby Keith what to say at his shows so I'm not going to do it to Roger.

Suggesting that Roger feature images of Osama Bin Laden misses the point. He's not marching around appeasing our enemies. He knows what happened on 9/11. He lives in freakin' New York!

Isn't it worse to have a president who says 'vote for me or it will all happen again.'

Mabewa, do you really think the firemen who were poisoned at ground zero are all fans of Bush? What has been done for them? What about the Jersey Girls? Women who voted for Bush, and lost their husbands on 9/11. They had to lobby Congress to get the 9/11 Commission started. They are the families Jumpy is talking about. You lost a loved one. You don't have to kiss the president's ass forever. Do you have any opinion on the subsance of this topic or are you just going to keep telling me not to use bad words?

The fact is that Roger's been on tour for several months, doing the same show, so starting threads about it in September because suddenly you remembered 9/11 doesn't make you a genius in my book.

Jumpy also makes the fatal error of connecting 'the War' in Iraq with 9/11. Make no mistake, that's where we are doing the majority of our fighting. That's where almost as many soldiers have died as did on 9/11. What is right about that? What has it solved except to piss off the entire rest of the world at us.

Okay, so Jumpy may not be an idiot, but he's ignorant. Writing little 'open letters' that really ask for nothing, except for someone to explain to him what is really going on in this world.

Maybe Bin Laden should be shown with Bush on Roger's stage. Their families have been in business together for 30 years. Look it up.

Bush Sr. was with Osama's brother ON 9/11/01! Look it up.

Seriously, everybody. Get your facts straight, go read a book and then we'll debate Roger/Bush/9/11. Cheers!
i totally agree with u

Liam Creedon - Session Musician / Tutor
Http://www.liamcreedon.co.uk

Lead Guitarist of Wish You Were Floyd
09-13-2006 05:24 AM
AlienAnthropologist Offline
Piper at the Gates of Dawn

Jumpy Wrote:Dear Roger,

I know that you are tech savvy, so on the off chance that you visit this site and read this message, I thought I'd write you here.

Roger, I've been a fan of your music for more than a quarter century. So believe me when I say I understand and appreciate your subject matter. I get it: War is bad.

Yet, I await the Pittsburgh stop on your current tour with mixed emotions, as I am disappointed by what I read in reviews of earlier shows on this tour. Frankly, I am angered as I think about your current show as it relates to this fifth anniversary of the 9/11 acts of war against the United States.

Please know that I am not a supporter of President Bush. In fact, I voted against him. Twice. I also believe that Bush has frequently been disingenuous when it comes to the "war on terror" -- specifically in regards to the U.S. invasion of Iraq.

At the same time, I believe that the U.S. invasion of Afghanistan was necessary and the right thing to do, given that the Taliban was giving safe haven to the plotters of the 9/11 attacks. So in short, I don't believe Bush is all bad; at times, he's had his priorities straight when crafting the difficult U.S. response to this unprecedented act of war.

I use the phrase "act of war" with a purpose, because of your mixed media messages and lyrics which suggest our President is a war criminal. If you are going to do that, why not use the opportunity to condemn those who started this war? Where are the images of Osama bin Laden? Where are the images of Mohammed Atta? Where are the images of the other pilots of those fateful 9/11 jetliners? Condemming Bush for his sometimes misguided response to acts of war is like condemming F.D.R. for Hiroshima, while giving Adolph Hitler a free pass.

You have written countless moving songs, or "stories," about your feelings related to growing up without your father who was lost in World War II. Then please, Roger, have some empathy to the motherless and fatherless victims of the 9/11 attacks. Have some feelings for the 7-year-old son of the firefighter who was crushed by tons of falling steel and concrete. Have some understanding for the 5-year-old daugher of the accountant who felt his "tears evaporate" as he literally melted from the heat of a missile launched by the cold heartless hands of Osama bin Laden. I fear that your current stance ignores many victims of this war -- those right here on U.S. soil.

Of course, as I said earlier, I'm only reacting to others' reviews of your shows, and I will wait to view it and make up my own mind. But if the reviews are accurate, I'm afraid I will be left with no other options than to give you a piece of my mind on Sept. 24. Regards,

A fan
After having seen the 9/8/06 show in Massachusetts, I must say that I could not agree more with this open letter to Waters and it is exactly what I would like to say to the man.

Edited By AlienAnthropologist on 1158155572
09-13-2006 05:39 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Cool RW letter to Chilean DJ after earthquake madcap77 1 739 05-23-2010 04:04 PM
Last Post: Libbywaters74D
  Open Letter to Roger Waters Floyd Pink Floyd... 102 8,983 01-06-2008 04:35 PM
Last Post: Kimbers Sheep
  Roger Waters' Mailing Address - I want to send Roger a letter Evander 13 3,067 08-20-2007 06:09 PM
Last Post: spinstergirl
  Roger waters is going to open for david gilmour - ! Rogerwaterhasgonemad 8 1,517 04-18-2006 09:16 PM
Last Post: High Mesa Floyd
  Letter of detatchment - Where can I find it? AndersonCouncill 4 554 08-01-2005 02:19 PM
Last Post: AndersonCouncill