420? - ?
Space Cadet Offline
A Momentary Lapse of Reason

**** off, the lot of you. 4/20 is a tradition, or "holiday" if you will (unofficial, of course), that brings people together. For the purpose of smoking pot, obviously, but that isn't the point. The point is ...

**** me if I know, I'm stoned off my ass! :laugh:

And who's the fool who wears the crown?
04-20-2006 04:48 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
rolanddoe Away
Wish You Were Here

I don't smoke dope and I can't recall..........................ever having done so. 420. That's like a greenish tinted grey, right?

Edited By rolanddoe on 1145611950
04-21-2006 01:17 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
grimp Offline
Ummagumma

As a stoner, i find that 4/20 is really f'ing ridiculous. I want to get high whenever, why does one day hold any more importance than another, or 4:20 in the afternoon. Just load the pipe and smoke it, who cares what time it is. Let's stop wasting precious time and get high. Damn. Who really cares about 4/20, cause I don't.
04-21-2006 09:39 AM
IntoTheFloyd Offline
Piper at the Gates of Dawn

grimp Wrote:As a stoner, i find that 4/20 is really f'ing ridiculous. I want to get high whenever, why does one day hold any more importance than another, or 4:20 in the afternoon. Just load the pipe and smoke it, who cares what time it is. Let's stop wasting precious time and get high. Damn. Who really cares about 4/20, cause I don't.
that's what i think.
04-21-2006 05:46 PM
carefulwiththataxeEugene Offline
Animals

grimp Wrote:As a stoner, i find that 4/20 is really f'ing ridiculous. I want to get high whenever, why does one day hold any more importance than another, or 4:20 in the afternoon. Just load the pipe and smoke it, who cares what time it is. Let's stop wasting precious time and get high. Damn. Who really cares about 4/20, cause I don't.
Well, the accepted explanation for the origin of 4/20 is that, back in the 1970s, a gaggle of teenagers at San Rafael High School in California would meet every day at 4:20 behind the school's watertower to smoke marijuana. Another is that marijuana once grew in the wild along Highway 420 in Ontario, Canada (there is an annual legalisation protest every 4/20 on that road). Still ANOTHER is that, back in the day, many high school detentions let out at 4:20 in the afternoon. But my favorite origin theory comes from these lines from H.P. Lovecraft's "Within the Walls of Eryx," which go: "My route must have been far from straight, for it seemed hours before I was free of the mirage-plant's pervasive influence... When I did get wholly clear I looked at my watch and was astonished to find that the time was only 4:20." So there ya go.

Edited By carefulwiththataxeEugene on 1145715885

If it ain't dirty, don't clean it.
04-22-2006 05:02 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
The Painter Piper and Prisoner Offline
Ummagumma

dude now i know why the creators of southpark released a new episode with the pot smoking towlie, he like maybe ill get a little high, then gets a stupid idea...............just geniues!

Edited By The Painter Piper and Prisoner on 1145715708

But there are a lot of things unsaid as well.
All we need to do, is make sure we keep talking.
04-22-2006 06:21 AM
sea green queen Offline
Pink Floyd

:)

Voodoo Chile & pre-Stones Mick Taylor
http://www.morrisonhotelgallery.com/imag...b980px.jpg
Takin' 5 at the Monterey Pop Festival
http://rocksoff.org/brian57.jpg
04-23-2006 01:10 AM
grimp Offline
Ummagumma

carefulwiththataxeEugene Wrote:
Well, the accepted explanation for the origin of 4/20 is that, back in the 1970s, a gaggle of teenagers at San Rafael High School in California would meet every day at 4:20 behind the school's watertower to smoke marijuana. Another is that marijuana once grew in the wild along Highway 420 in Ontario, Canada (there is an annual legalisation protest every 4/20 on that road). Still ANOTHER is that, back in the day, many high school detentions let out at 4:20 in the afternoon. But my favorite origin theory comes from these lines from H.P. Lovecraft's "Within the Walls of Eryx," which go: "My route must have been far from straight, for it seemed hours before I was free of the mirage-plant's pervasive influence... When I did get wholly clear I looked at my watch and was astonished to find that the time was only 4:20." So there ya go.
Yeah, that's also a problem I have with 4/20, there is no concrete evidence of what is the orginal 4/20, it's stupid. If 4/20 had some sort of good significance, or a cool story begind it, I wouldn't be so hostile about it, but there isn't, so i remain hostile. :alien:
04-23-2006 06:40 AM
cevor Offline
Tarantula's Webmate.
Super Moderators

I always thought it had to do with either decriminalization or legalization,
I'll take the later, tax it and balance the budget....I'm going to buy some Nabisco stock..cough, cough, cough.....

And now the final solution can be applied.
http://www.childhoodsend.net
http://www.themohocollective.com
http://www.markdoyleandthemaniacs.com
http://www.britfloyd.com
http://www.sublunarstudios.com
04-23-2006 06:44 AM
carefulwiththataxeEugene Offline
Animals

grimp Wrote:
carefulwiththataxeEugene Wrote:
Yeah, that's also a problem I have with 4/20, there is no concrete evidence of what is the orginal 4/20, it's stupid. If 4/20 had some sort of good significance, or a cool story begind it, I wouldn't be so hostile about it, but there isn't, so i remain hostile. :alien:
I dig what you're saying, but that line from the H.P. Lovecraft poem is pretty cool...

If it ain't dirty, don't clean it.
04-23-2006 08:24 AM