Led Zeppelin are a bunch of overrated c**ks. - That's right, I said it...
AndersonCouncill Offline
Banned

Sadie Wrote:Just as long as you don't start with Jelle >Lennon or McCartney. I can live with just about anything else. :p
Oh, I would never do that. Jello himself is quoted as saying

The punks need to get over themselves. There is no way Jonh Lydon was as scary to England in 1977 as John Lennon was to England 1967. He could never hope to attain that.

Have you ever heard The Dead Kennedy "Back In The USSR"?
12-19-2006 07:50 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Woof Oink Baaa Offline
A Momentary Lapse of Reason

Sadie Wrote:Do you have any idea of what it was like back then? How BIG that hair metal/new wave machine was?? How much MTV played a part in the success of new bands and how imaged based it was? Yeah, it was a revolution. It seemed to literally happen overnight. It was the last really interesting thing to happen to music. I'm not only talking about Nirvana here either, but they DID lead the way. BTW, you forgot the Melvins (the Jelvins anyone?) as being a major influence to Nirvana. Kurt in particular.
You're missing my point. They weren't that revolutionary. There were other bands that have done it before and have done it better. Nirvana just came in at the right time.

And I'm well aware that The Melvins were a huge influence on Nirvana. Buzz has had his dick up Kurt's ass for years.

[Image: 1hwbnk.jpg]

Last.fm
RateYourMusic
12-19-2006 07:55 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
etphonehomeyo Offline
Animals

i can't believe some of you guys are using the fact that robert plant uses the word baby all of the time as a reason that they weren't a good band. that's crazy. on what planet is most rock n roll not about some boy wanting to bang some girl? apparently robert plant is to be looked down upon for saying just that. something doesn't have to be political to be good. led zeppelin songs are more like the roots of rock n roll.
12-19-2006 08:26 PM
AndersonCouncill Offline
Banned

etphonehomeyo Wrote:i can't believe some of you guys are using the fact that robert plant uses the word baby all of the time as a reason that they weren't a good band. that's crazy. on what planet is most rock n roll not about some boy wanting to bang some girl? apparently robert plant is to be looked down upon for saying just that. something doesn't have to be political to be good. led zeppelin songs are more like the roots of rock n roll.
I actually have no quarrell with the use of the word "baby", it was a joke. I have a problem more with Zeppelin's ravenous fans then with them, I suppose. As I said, they used to be one of my favorite groups.
12-19-2006 08:28 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Woof Oink Baaa Offline
A Momentary Lapse of Reason

But that's all he ever sings about.

That or some random J.R.R. Tolkien reference.

I don't always look for something political in songs. I look for things I can relate with. I can't relate with Plant's lyrics.

[Image: 1hwbnk.jpg]

Last.fm
RateYourMusic
12-19-2006 08:30 PM
AndersonCouncill Offline
Banned

Right.

Also, they're all so showey on their instruments, it annoys me.
12-19-2006 08:31 PM
etphonehomeyo Offline
Animals

one of the reasons i love zeppelin so much is the fact that that's all he sings about Santa
12-19-2006 08:35 PM
pointmeatthesky Offline
Banned

Sadie Wrote:
pointmeatthesky Wrote:
Sadie Wrote:No wonder music today sucks...
Is it because people make baseless generalizations that are so obvously false it makes your head spin?

Oh, no, maybe not...
I forgot how bogged down in semantics we get around here. I should have said: MUCH of todays music SEEMS to suck. And I've already explained myself. Maybe if people wouldn't lower their standards so much you know? Basically, my reaction is to the attacks on bands that were groundbreaking and influential in ways todays youth cannot seem to grasp. SOME of todays youth. If we're gonna be picky about phrasing. Anyway, I'll just wait for the Nirvana Were a bunch of Pussys thread now. We already had the Beatles Suck thread so why not? Let's attack ALL the pioneers!
You said "Music today sucks". Now, I'm sorry I didn't rummage through the entire Sadie calalogue to make sure that I could read between the words and get to the real, hidden meaning of your statement.

As for the rest, well, it doesn't reall concern me.
12-19-2006 08:35 PM
AndersonCouncill Offline
Banned

etphonehomeyo Wrote:one of the reasons i love zeppelin so much is the fact that that's all he sings about Santa
But he could be clever about it. We all like songs about sex, especially when they're legitimately sexy, but not when it's that blunt over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again.
12-19-2006 08:37 PM
etphonehomeyo Offline
Animals

well lets just say i'm glad that i can see the sexiness of robert plant.
12-19-2006 08:40 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Nirvana: Overrated? - The gods of grunge... FelicityKendall'sUnderwear 125 8,305 11-14-2009 03:26 PM
Last Post: Wings on the Pig
  Led Zeppelin? threezeros000 54 2,406 09-22-2009 12:26 PM
Last Post: You CAN Avoid the Floyd
  Cool new band I found - Super 400 = Zeppelin meets K.O.L. cmusiclives 14 1,531 04-17-2009 04:19 PM
Last Post: Pointy II
  Jack Bruce of cream calls Zeppelin crap chromeboomerang 12 1,978 01-28-2009 03:59 PM
Last Post: Neb-Maat-Re
Sad Led Zeppelin on tour with new singer? Kirara2001 1 632 10-09-2008 12:41 PM
Last Post: CamJones