Led Zeppelin are a bunch of overrated c**ks. - That's right, I said it...
And...which is a good punk starter? Because as of now, I have very little respect for punk, other than The Ramones, who, i'm sure, you arent fond of. I need more. And I despise The Sex Pistols.
ComfortablyNumb212 Wrote:And...which is a good punk starter? Because as of now, I have very little respect for punk, other than The Ramones, who, i'm sure, you arent fond of. I need more. And I despise The Sex Pistols.
The Sex Pistols suck. They weren't political at all, I hate when people claim they were revolutionaries... In their short career they claimed they were Communists, Anarchists, Nihilists, and Nazis. Which is it?

Anything by The Dead Kennedys is good, if you're into politics. Keep away from GG Allin. He's disgusting. If you're into more eclectic, expierimental music try Crass or late-period The Clash. If you want something really passionate and hardcore, check out Group Sex by The Circle Jerks or Damaged by Black Flag.

This is off topic, if you have YIM Comfy, I'd be happy to continue this conversation. Back on track;

Led Zeppelin aren't a very good band at all.
AndersonCouncill Wrote:
ComfortablyNumb212 Wrote:And...which is a good punk starter? Because as of now, I have very little respect for punk, other than The Ramones, who, i'm sure, you arent fond of. I need more. And I despise The Sex Pistols.
The Sex Pistols suck. They weren't political at all, I hate when people claim they were revolutionaries... In their short career they claimed they were Communists, Anarchists, Nihilists, and Nazis. Which is it?

Anything by The Dead Kennedys is good, if you're into politics. Keep away from GG Allin. He's disgusting. If you're into more eclectic, expierimental music try Crass or late-period The Clash. If you want something really passionate and hardcore, check out Group Sex by The Circle Jerks or Damaged by Black Flag.

This is off topic, if you have YIM Comfy, I'd be happy to continue this conversation. Back on track;

Led Zeppelin aren't a very good band at all.
I have YIM but don't have a name.
I'll make one.

I love LZ.
I have YIM I don't use it much, but I'm on now talking to Clint (CN212)
AndersonCouncill Wrote:
That was their whole point! They didn't want to fall into a category. They hated it when punk became a fashion. That's when it became anti-punk. And I really don't know how you can say they weren't political. I mean, maybe it doesn't mean much to most Americans because they were mostly attacking the British way of life, but they were definitely political. Again, you are oversimplifying things. They were pioneers regardless of how they started. They most likely inspired many of the bands you so love today. But whatever.
Sadie Wrote:
AndersonCouncill Wrote:
That was their whole point! They didn't want to fall into a category. They hated it when punk became a fashion. That's when it became anti-punk. And I really don't know how you can say they weren't political. I mean, maybe it doesn't mean much to most Americans because they were mostly attacking the British way of life, but they were definitely political. Again, you are oversimplifying things. They were pioneers regardless of how they started. They most likely inspired many of the bands you so love today. But whatever.
I stated that earlier, remember?

Yes, they were political but here's the thing... Would they have been so political if their opinions weren't so frowned upon? No. The Sex Pistols, like Zeppelin, were heavily influential. That doesn't mean they were good.
Sadie Wrote:That was their whole point! They didn't want to fall into a category.
No, I'm pretty sure they just had no opinions on anything and just wanted to scare as many as possible. Because THAT was the whole point. The Pistols layed the groundwork, but it was the second wave of punk bands that really had a point.
Well, they've gone on and on about how much it pissed them off when people started to define punk and when they tried to lump them into one big group. When all of a sudden people were all wearing the 'punk uniform' and thought that it made them different. Conformity wasn't their thing. I don't know about being scary as being the point. They were pissed off youth. They came from poverty. They wanted to piss off the establishment and try to speak out about what was wrong. Those scary outfits they wore were because that's all they had. The saftey pins were a necessity, not a fashion statement. Anyway, Rotten wrote some good lyrics. For punk anyway.
I really like Holidays In The Sun. That's about it. I'm not talking about the safety pins, I'm talking about the penchant for talking about Anarchy, Communism, and Nazism all at once. That's not political, that's contradictory.

Besides that Anarchy, the form they seemed most serious about, is really not right.
I can respect your opinion when you say that Led Zeppelin are overrated as, although I don't think they are, everyone has an opinion that they are entitled to and I completely respect those extremely important human rights. However, I don't think you can call people c**ks when you don't even know the people personally and have never met them. Therefore, I find that I cannot agree with your opinion.

I personally love Led Zeppelin and, although they do use many of the chord progressions lots of times in different songs, they, as someone pointed out earlier, having a way of making simple chords sound great when put together. Many songs can be extremely simple but sweet and, as I believe and many others do, this is what made The Dark Side of the Moon so good, as Pink Floyd didn't try to add nice little drum frills, or over the top basslines, but instead strived for success by making the songs simple.

Due to all of the facts involved, I can see why you have sdaid Led Zeppelin overrated and, as I said before, I can completely respect what you have said as you have justified it in an understandable and personal way. However, to call four people with incredible musical talent, which nobody can deny, c**ks, is where your argument takes a turn for the worse, as I don't think that anyone should make those kind of generalisations without a clear and concise explanation as to why you have said something. You must also use facts and I personally feel that there are no clear-cut facts to determine that 'Led Zeppelin are a bunch of c**ks', as you so kindly put it.
R. I. P Syd Barrett (06/01/46-07/07/06)
R. I. P Rick Wright (28/07/43-15/09/08)

[Image: PFOMemberoftheYear.jpg]

"We don't want no trouble, we just want the right to be different. That's all." - pita

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Nirvana: Overrated? - The gods of grunge... FelicityKendall'sUnderwear 125 13,716 11-14-2009, 03:26 PM
Last Post: Wings on the Pig
  Led Zeppelin? threezeros000 54 3,384 09-22-2009, 12:26 PM
Last Post: You CAN Avoid the Floyd
  Cool new band I found - Super 400 = Zeppelin meets K.O.L. cmusiclives 14 2,095 04-17-2009, 04:19 PM
Last Post: Pointy II
  Jack Bruce of cream calls Zeppelin crap chromeboomerang 12 2,953 01-28-2009, 03:59 PM
Last Post: Neb-Maat-Re
Sad Led Zeppelin on tour with new singer? Kirara2001 1 871 10-09-2008, 12:41 PM
Last Post: CamJones