Led Zeppelin are a bunch of overrated c**ks. - That's right, I said it...
Endless River Offline
More

Led Zepplin has a certain mystery and aura to them that must be understood to be appreciated. If you don't get it (which I don't think even they did. The mystery was almost certainly unintentional), than I can see how it would come out pretty sleazy.
12-20-2006 09:32 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
EGT124 Offline
Meddle

Nirvana may have been derivitave and over-celebrated for doing things in rock music that had been done years prior (fun fact: Kurt said that "Smells Like Teen Spirit" was his attempt at writing a Pixies song. He failed miserably, but that's beside the point). But Kurt's brilliant songwriting and truly underrated guitar playing (listen to Bleach and tell me he doesn't rock) make up for his lack of originality, plus he was pretty endearing. So those who say he sucks either don't get his music or are simply afraid to get his music because Nirvana have been so massively overrated by critics it's not even funny.

As for Led Zeppelin, I agree that they aren't the ultimate when it comes to classic rock or rock music in general. I'm not that great of a guitar player, but I can recognize that Jimmy Page was not as godly as people make him out to be. He's playing pentatonic and blues scales only sped up and with little intricacies like bends, pull offs/hammer ons, and oblique bends. Robert Plant was an average vocalist at best; and grating at worst. The only truely great musicians in the band were John Bonham and John Paul Jones.

My tuppence.
12-20-2006 10:51 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
IbanezIsTheColour Offline
The Wall

Scream1008 Wrote:Overrated songs: Whole Lotta Love, Immigrant Song, Black Dog, Trampled Underfoot.

Crappy songs: You Shook Me, Hats Off to (Roy) Harper, Four Sticks, The Crunge, Trampled Underfoot (never really liked it), Candy Store Rock, Carouselambra

Excellent songs: Pretty much everything else
I agree, You Shook Me, Hats Off to Roy Harper, and The Crunge really are pretty bad songs...especially The Crunge :sleepy:

RIP Syd Barrett - 1/6/46 - 7/7/06
RIP Rick Wright - 7/28/43 - 9/15/08

"Well, I could be wrong, but I believe, uh, Diversity is an old old wooden ship used during the Civil War Era." -The Legendary Ron Burgundy
12-20-2006 11:13 PM
Three Different Ones Offline
Banned

hey, I like The Crunge, and Hats off! I really like Trampled Underfoot too. Meh to each his one, I suppose

Snake, history will never know what she did. No one will ever learn the truth. Her story... her debriefing... will endure only in your heart. Everything she did, she did for her country. She sacrificed her life and her honor for her native land. She was a real hero. She was a true patriot. ~ EVA re: The Boss (MGS3)
12-20-2006 11:49 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
IbanezIsTheColour Offline
The Wall

Three Different Ones Wrote:hey, I like The Crunge, and Hats off! I really like Trampled Underfoot too. Meh to each his one, I suppose
I do think Trampled Underfoot is pretty cool.

RIP Syd Barrett - 1/6/46 - 7/7/06
RIP Rick Wright - 7/28/43 - 9/15/08

"Well, I could be wrong, but I believe, uh, Diversity is an old old wooden ship used during the Civil War Era." -The Legendary Ron Burgundy
12-21-2006 12:07 AM
Funky Dung Offline
The Final Cut

The Crunge, Hats Off!.., & Trampled Under Foot are among some of my favorite Zeppelin tunes. You Shook Me is just pure blues-rock to me, I love it. Four Sticks is OK.

[Image: hitlergetzhit.gif]
12-23-2006 08:23 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Nirvana: Overrated? - The gods of grunge... FelicityKendall'sUnderwear 125 8,228 11-14-2009 03:26 PM
Last Post: Wings on the Pig
  Led Zeppelin? threezeros000 54 2,369 09-22-2009 12:26 PM
Last Post: You CAN Avoid the Floyd
  Cool new band I found - Super 400 = Zeppelin meets K.O.L. cmusiclives 14 1,493 04-17-2009 04:19 PM
Last Post: Pointy II
  Jack Bruce of cream calls Zeppelin crap chromeboomerang 12 1,950 01-28-2009 03:59 PM
Last Post: Neb-Maat-Re
Sad Led Zeppelin on tour with new singer? Kirara2001 1 615 10-09-2008 12:41 PM
Last Post: CamJones