420 - Coming Up
TiedyeVikki Offline
The Wall

I don't have anything to add to this discussion... I just have a great link to post in a 420 thread... check this out, and be sure to scroll down through all the photos... pretty impressive operation! Cool

http://www.scribd.com/doc/14437/Cave-Of-Weed

(Sometimes the pics don't appear for some reason... if that happens, click on the word Scribd and they'll come up in new window. :Oo: )

--Vik Cool

No Floyd fan should ever miss a chance to see THE MACHINE!
Go ahead... sample their music, check their tour schedule...
http://www.themachinelive.com/
http://www.myspace.com/machinelive
04-08-2007 08:18 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
F??ar?Ūl???§?§ Offline
Piper at the Gates of Dawn

Actually I can't celebrate this year. I have a Drug test April 28th so therefore i cannot allow myself. : (

Yes, it is very sad but April 29th is going to be my April 20th.

Blaze that ****.
04-09-2007 05:52 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
rolanddoe Away
Wish You Were Here

TiedyeVikki Wrote:I don't have anything to add to this discussion... I just have a great link to post in a 420 thread... check this out, and be sure to scroll down through all the photos... pretty impressive operation! Cool

http://www.scribd.com/doc/14437/Cave-Of-Weed

(Sometimes the pics don't appear for some reason... if that happens, click on the word Scribd and they'll come up in new window. :Oo: )

--Vik Cool
It's actually a very troubling operation as I see it, Vikki. People willing to invest in secrecy at this level are also likely to resort to any action to maintain silence about what they are doing.

I think that it's somewhat contemptible that those who so highly value their need to impose their ideology upon others cannot grasp that they are every bit as complicit in the consequences of this continuing predicament as pot growers and users. Prohibition of behavior which cannot be controlled always results in this same sad scenario.

Their children won't ever be protected from the ability to make individual choices despite their abiding belief in the value of criminalizing neighbors for that purpose.

It's a very interesting tour. It says things about measurably wasted energy the police photographers perhaps never fathomed.

Busted.

Edited By rolanddoe on 1176133076
04-09-2007 07:37 AM
Space Cadet Offline
A Momentary Lapse of Reason

And who's the fool who wears the crown?
04-09-2007 07:31 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
F??ar?Ūl???§?§ Offline
Piper at the Gates of Dawn

04-10-2007 05:47 AM
Grguitarfreek100 Offline
Animals

whong Wrote:
Echoes73 Wrote:
FantasticFloyd Wrote:Its a festivity most widely celebrated in America by the drug culture to honor the consumption of cannabis ... I'm going to a gathering that occurs locally to see a show, and probably won't find my way home until the weekend has been cached and spent, to be honest. But if your goal in firing up a 4/20 discussion is to start some stupid **** with stoners who yield their status, I'd advise you to give it up quick. Don't hate.
thank you for speaking my opinion at the same time, whats wrong with celebrating the use of a drug that is less dangerous than alcohol and tobacco combined and has generally been a huge influence in worldwide culture... without pot you might as well throw out all those great albums you have because they probably wouldn't exist
Great points, both of you!

The so called "war on drugs" was lost many years ago.....yet there's still billions of dollars dumped into a lost cause every year. I'm reefering....er.....refering to marijuana specifically, btw. Decriminalization of said drug may well be the answer, as it would probably foster some measure of disinterest, and think of the money that would be saved that could be directed at much more pressing matters that never seem to get fixed or properly focused on(healthcare, education, etc.).

One of the biggest parts of the problem lies in the fact that it's "forbidden".....and we humans certainly find much intrigue in all things taboo! By comparison, alcohol and it's consumption is undoubtedly more deadly on a variety of obvious levels. I don't recall ever hearing of someone sparking up and smoking themselves into the mindset of "beating the crap out of someone".....
Its worthless to stop drug use and in my opinion wrong. I believe that all things like that should be taken on individual responsibility. If you dont want your child to do drugs then keep them from doing it and punish them if they do. But illegalizing drugs causes more problems than it prevents. Plus if legal, the government could put a sin tax on it, which would further help the econamy.

The government is placing too many restrictions that are not necessary. Im sick of people trying to censor me, and im sure you all are too. (note: i have not ever done drugs, but i still find the above a blatant restriction of my individual liberty). Im not offended by drug use and would eventually like to maybe dabble in it. But i dont know why people are so taboo.

-Andy
04-10-2007 12:24 PM
artie_fufkin Offline
Wish You Were Here

whong Wrote:...By comparison, alcohol and it's consumption is undoubtedly more deadly on a variety of obvious levels. I don't recall ever hearing of someone sparking up and smoking themselves into the mindset of "beating the crap out of someone".....
As I reflect, many of the active MJ smokers I've ever known simply stopped caring about things. No, they'd never get violent. They simply stopped caring. They needed to get jobs, but employers simply weren't interested in hiring them. They usually just wanted a place to crash the night - and STAYED. AND STAYED. And mooched, wouldn't get a job, ate all the groceries (especially the Twinkies and potato chips!), and sat around and watched TV. Soon, I realized they didn't care about paying their bills, and THAT was why they were "crashing" wherever a friend would let them do so.

So, I suppose, to ALL people who smoke MJ [OR drink too much, there's gonna be a problem. The problem has less to do with the substance of choice, and a LOT more to do with the individual's weakness (research is pointing at dopamine levels) to "feelgood" substances (which, I suppose, may some day include trans-fats?).

Anyway, I can't - AND WON'T condone MJ for anyone. And if I see posts here calling people to START smoking MJ, I will start posting to recommend against it. I don't want our community here to be known as one of a bunch of pot-heads, but one of level-heads. People from diverse backgrounds who all like Pink Floyd, but also like to discuss a variety of other topics. But, please... Let's be careful about these types of discussions; bored kids might be reading and get the wrong impressions.
04-10-2007 03:16 PM
Grguitarfreek100 Offline
Animals

artie has a good point, but understand kids our age (im 17) have gotten alot of both ends of the conversation. Cevors been the most helpful, the people that have both good and bad points actually help alot.

-Andy
04-11-2007 04:46 PM
The Painter Piper and Prisoner Offline
Ummagumma

i think its stupid and pointless, sure things are alot funnier when high, but its a waste of money, illegal ( if caught some time in the slammer ) and no decent girl wants a pothead! glare
04-11-2007 05:21 PM
Echoes73 Offline
Dark Side of the Moon

The Painter Piper and Prisoner Wrote:i think its stupid and pointless, sure things are alot funnier when high, but its a waste of money, illegal ( if caught some time in the slammer ) and no decent girl wants a pothead! glare
There is NO time in the slammer unless your selling for one (at most you'll get a ticket for 50$). Being a pot head is different than being a user of cannabis, I understand that anything is a problem when you must use it every single day of your life. And as for no decent girl wanting a pot head my girlfriend is a straight A student, daughter of parents whom are both teachers and just an all around good person... And plus you make it sound that just because one smokes (me included) they are bad people, I have a high GPA and take many AP courses and I'm one of the nicest people anyone could ever meet and your gonna tell me that because I occasionally smoke with my friends, often to help with music and personal insight, that I am a bad person? I think you have become brainwashed by the anti drug propoganda of our modern government... Many countries have left substances which are illicit here unscheduled (pot included) and the don't have half as many problems as we do here so don't blame peoples actions on use of cannabis.
04-12-2007 05:29 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Halloween is coming - What are your plans? artie_fufkin 22 1,162 10-05-2009 08:13 PM
Last Post: Pointy II
  any good bands coming to your town? emonerd826 5 503 02-04-2009 02:28 PM
Last Post: Dyolf
  What's this world coming to? - Marvel has killed Captain America.... whong 13 648 03-12-2007 02:18 PM
Last Post: Dragonrider
  The Official New Music/Coming Soon Thread - Post about new bands you've heard... Funky Dung 19 960 02-15-2007 01:09 PM
Last Post: Woof Oink Baaa
  U2 and Green Day - They Saints Are Coming drk229 7 415 11-22-2006 10:22 AM
Last Post: Wings on the Pig