Thread Closed 
Simple Announcement
Kimbers Sheep Offline
Sheep Rule
Super Moderators

Guys and Gals, the whole problem is very simple, the majority of disagreements here are with us because we close or delete a thread which someone thinks should have stayed open.....but here's the whole issue in a nutshell, it's not your board, you don't make the rules, and while you are welcome to disagree with them you still have to follow them if you want to stay here, God, I feel I've said that 200 times now, so, bottom line, complaining will do NO GOOD, if you hate it that much then leave, because this is NOT a democracy, it is a private board run by one person who decided on the rules and then told us, the Mods, to inforce them, and although you cannot read it I promise you there is a topic in the Mods Lounge where said owner is telling us that we are doing a fine job and he appreciates the hard work we have put into bringing the board back under control, and that anyone who cannot follow the rules is simply unwelcome here

Ice Cream Tastes Good in the Afternoon...
10-10-2005 05:24 PM
Find all posts by this user
Kimbers Sheep Offline
Sheep Rule
Super Moderators

wiez Wrote:Well first of all, this thread won't be locked or deleted because it was started by a mod. But I gather the pooper scooper comment alludes to censorship or whatever you choose to call it. The notebook was to post anything you wanted. I guess whatever you wanted wasn't necessarily something that someone else wanted. Outside the wall is supposed to be for topics not related to Floyd, or am I mistaken? What might be drival to you, might be downright entertaining to me.
Good God, HOW MANY TIMES and in how many ways must we explain the Notebook, it was for topics, TOPICS that is, that were too small or too likely to die out in a day or so, NOT to be you guys personal chatroom, as far as the "pooper scooper" comment it was mostly about posts I deleted concerning feces, but it is relevant, we will delete anything we feel breaks the rules

10-10-2005 05:27 PM
The Fallen Hero Offline
Atom Heart Mother

To let you know I wasn't trying to take a shot, a low shot in any way, I was stating my opinion. Ive stayed quiet on it, and I plan to remain quiet on it. Im not trying to make this a democracy, nor do I truly care. I agree with lots of things you have done, disagree with some as well, I havent said anything about it and I think that when I have Ive been as respectful as possible and have not done anything wrong. As I reread my post, it does sound directed in a vindictive manner, I won't edit it because then your post will look unncessary.

I still think however that what I said about possibly, ever so slightly changing the ways certain things are done wouldn't be so bad. However, until it is agreed to attempt this i will keep it to mahself
10-10-2005 05:29 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Jintzey Offline
Pigs Have Flown
Administrators

The Fallen Hero & wiez:

How many times must we repeat ourselves before it gets through to your heads?

The author of topics can delete their own topics if they want. The author of the Notebook was wowser, NOT you, and it became something he didn't intend. Deleting and restarting the Notebook is nothing new, we've been doing it for quite some time, but perhaps you guys are too new to know this. It has never been an issue before and it should not be an issue now. The kind of behavior we've seen on this forum lately just further encouraged wowser not to restart the Notebook this time. The more you all act like this, the more it shows us things have to be done this way.

Most other forums I've used would have banned many of you long ago rather than put up with this nonsense. You complain we're being too hard, when in reality we are being quite lenient, and it's starting to look like we've been TOO lenient. "You give them an inch, and they go a mile" - so true.

PinkFloydChat.net
If you've studied your Floyd properly, you'd know that pigs could fly. -- Les Claypool
~ Pigs HAVE Flown ~
10-10-2005 07:35 PM
Jintzey Offline
Pigs Have Flown
Administrators

The Fallen Hero Wrote:To let you know I wasn't trying to take a shot, a low shot in any way, I was stating my opinion. Ive stayed quiet on it, and I plan to remain quiet on it. Im not trying to make this a democracy, nor do I truly care. I agree with lots of things you have done, disagree with some as well, I havent said anything about it and I think that when I have Ive been as respectful as possible and have not done anything wrong. As I reread my post, it does sound directed in a vindictive manner, I won't edit it because then your post will look unncessary.

I still think however that what I said about possibly, ever so slightly changing the ways certain things are done wouldn't be so bad. However, until it is agreed to attempt this i will keep it to mahself
As Kimbers Sheep already said, we have already discussed this with PFOnline and he reassured us we are doing exactly as we should. He does not wish to change his rules to suit those that don't like them, so they stand as they are. This is PFOnline's decision - not yours and not ours (the moderators). Complaining about it won't do any good and will only make it worse. PFOnline can do what he wants with his site - deal with it or leave, simple logic.

Again, how many times must we repeat ourselves? Are we talking to a brick wall? PFOnline made a public announcement to everyone that we are doing our jobs properly and if you don't like it you can leave, so this matter should be closed. In case you missed it, HERE IT IS.

PinkFloydChat.net
If you've studied your Floyd properly, you'd know that pigs could fly. -- Les Claypool
~ Pigs HAVE Flown ~
10-10-2005 07:51 PM
viewaskew Offline
Wish You Were Here

Kimbers Sheep Wrote:Guys and Gals, the whole problem is very simple, the majority of disagreements here are with us because we close or delete a thread which someone thinks should have stayed open.....but here's the whole issue in a nutshell, it's not your board, you don't make the rules, and while you are welcome to disagree with them you still have to follow them if you want to stay here, God, I feel I've said that 200 times now, so, bottom line, complaining will do NO GOOD, if you hate it that much then leave, because this is NOT a democracy, it is a private board run by one person who decided on the rules and then told us, the Mods, to inforce them, and although you cannot read it I promise you there is a topic in the Mods Lounge where said owner is telling us that we are doing a fine job and he appreciates the hard work we have put into bringing the board back under control, and that anyone who cannot follow the rules is simply unwelcome here
Alright well I think there somthing Im missing here. So did they add new rules or somthing cause the person above you game has been here for a long time and remember when I first joined the forums people were saying ramdom stuff because they were bored and no one get rid of it. I understand people make bad posts but thats no reason to lock a thread just edit there post and say what they did wrong. Also what rules are you talking about? And another thing why did you lock the Big Post Count Thread, If you ask Me it doesnt encourge people to post just for a post people did that anyway when they see things such as wowsers 9000 posts and stuff like that(I know I used to do that back when I first joined).

And Please dont say you broke the rules could you please state which ones. Also can you tell us when a Thread or post is dealted cause its very confusing looking through pages on PFO and not finding your topic.

Also did someone delete my 400 Pages gone Thread or cant I not find it. And if it was deleted I would like to know why and what rules I broke.

:D
10-10-2005 07:59 PM
Jintzey Offline
Pigs Have Flown
Administrators

I don't know what happened to your thread, but we don't have that kind of time or energy to, nor are we required to, document every little thing we do. Bottom line, PFOnline supports everything we've been doing so that's all the justification we need. He's the only one we would ever need to provide an explanation for, and so far he hasn't asked us for one because he says we are doing the right thing.

Sometimes excessively large threads just simply need to be pruned to save on server space so PFOnline doesn't get another $300 web hosting bill. If everyone here ran websites like this, your opinions on how poorly this board is run would likely quickly change (unless $300 per month means nothing to you and you're too rich to care, heck, you could make car payments for less than that). PFOnline pays a lot of money out of his pocket to provide a free service to all of us because of his love for Pink Floyd, so no one really has any room for complaints here.

If certain posts really are that precious to you, you should use the "Print this Topic" button so you have a copy to save and review any time you like. Server space is limited, and in order for this forum to grow and stay interesting, the older and less interesting stuff simply must be removed to make room for the new stuff.

If you want to chat, join the chat room rather than putting a heavy load on the server with forum posts that are better suited to a chat room and will end up getting deleted anyway. Every time you click a link or post a message, it costs PFOnline money. Even deleting posts costs PFOnline money, but it's cheaper to do that than to allow the posts to remain forever. If you had to pay for every action you made on this site, I guarantee the activity would severely decrease. Posting in the chat room doesn't cost PFOnline a single penny, so you can say all you want in there and not burden PFOnline's server and bank account.

Why is this such a difficult concept to grasp? It seems like simple straight logic to me.

PinkFloydChat.net
~ Pigs HAVE Flown ~
10-10-2005 09:59 PM
Caravanserai Offline
Dark Side of the Moon

viewaskew Wrote:Alright well I think there somthing Im missing here. So did they add new rules or somthing cause the person above you game has been here for a long time and remember when I first joined the forums people were saying ramdom stuff because they were bored and no one get rid of it. I understand people make bad posts but thats no reason to lock a thread just edit there post and say what they did wrong. Also what rules are you talking about? And another thing why did you lock the Big Post Count Thread, If you ask Me it doesnt encourge people to post just for a post people did that anyway when they see things such as wowsers 9000 posts and stuff like that(I know I used to do that back when I first joined).

And Please dont say you broke the rules could you please state which ones. Also can you tell us when a Thread or post is dealted cause its very confusing looking through pages on PFO and not finding your topic.

Also did someone delete my 400 Pages gone Thread or cant I not find it. And if it was deleted I would like to know why and what rules I broke.

:D
On the Big Post Count thread:

If you think that the Big Post Count thread does not encourage people to post just for posting, then maybe that's the reason why you don't understand why some other topics were locked/deleted. In the aforementioned topic, there was absolutely no real discussion. Or do you think that posts like "This" "be" "post" "500" are really interesting for anybody a valuable?

As for the rules, you are supposed to read them when you join the forum, so you should know what rules does this break. Spamming anyone?

Besides, this is a forum and not a chatroom (which, again, is elsewhere on this site). Posting just for posting and no discussion does not belong here. There are pinned guidelines especially for the Outside The Wall forum that I thought most reasonable people wouldn't have problems with. But I was wrong.

EDIT

And for everybody's information, the Person Above You topic is now deleted because it grew too big and it is not that kind of topic which deserves to be stored here, just like notebook was being restarted from time to time, Person Above You Game can be restarted too in case it does not turn into another chatroom, which it did last time.

We are now just leaving the locked topics locked for some time before deleting so that everybody can see what kind of talk went on there.

Edited By Caravanserai on 1129012968
10-10-2005 10:35 PM
viewaskew Offline
Wish You Were Here

Alright Well I know what you mean and thank you for enlighting me. Maybe We could start the notebook back up and who ever doesnt follow the rules gets a waring and maybe when threads get to big we can delete them each month

P.S wheres my You Send It Thread I know its not aloud to post music here but we do it through e-mail so whats the deal. And if that is the reason why'd you take so long?

Edited By viewaskew on 1129058721
10-11-2005 11:16 AM
Kimbers Sheep Offline
Sheep Rule
Super Moderators

the "you send it" thread was deleted because a few people started talking about trading commercial releases, even if you handle such discussions via PM there still can be NO talk whatsoever about trading commercial releases here on the board

10-11-2005 05:59 PM
Thread Closed 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  A Public Service Announcement: Spambots Kimbers Sheep 0 497 01-06-2011 11:39 AM
Last Post: Kimbers Sheep
  Simple Minds - Simple minds appreciation page Eclipse73 3 750 11-07-2005 01:00 PM
Last Post: wowser
  A simple question - Just want an answer....... W1P 1 670 10-18-2005 04:16 PM
Last Post: W1P
  A Simple Smile - new song Oobleck42 11 1,136 06-23-2004 08:00 AM
Last Post: slygirl