Thread Closed 
Simple Announcement
wiez Offline
Banned

paulintheflesh Wrote:His last post has been deleted from the forums. What ever he said must have been pretty bad
Not necessarily. I have had my posts deleted for no reason at all. One post regarding the movie Fight Club was deleted 3 times. Another one asking if other people had trouble posting was also deleted. Nothing inappropriate was in either one. So the assumption that he must have posted something bad is simply not believable. Given the recent track record, I would highly doubt it.
10-12-2005 01:32 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
AndersonCouncill Offline
Banned

Well, your Fight Club thread was a replica of an already established thread (not saying you did it intentionally). And you shouldn't start a whole thread for "trouble posting". You do realize someone must pay for this board, right? There is not unlimited bandwhidth.
10-12-2005 01:34 PM
paulintheflesh Offline
Dark Side of the Moon

wiez Wrote:
paulintheflesh Wrote:His last post has been deleted from the forums. What ever he said must have been pretty bad
Not necessarily. I have had my posts deleted for no reason at all. One post regarding the movie Fight Club was deleted 3 times. Another one asking if other people had trouble posting was also deleted. Nothing inappropriate was in either one. So the assumption that he must have posted something bad is simply not believable. Given the recent track record, I would highly doubt it.
...You're right. What did he do mods? What did he do to deserve a banning? ??? glare Angry
10-12-2005 01:35 PM
Woody1003 Offline
Obscured By Clouds

If we could just know what he did, this may stop, just tell us.......
10-12-2005 01:36 PM
Find all posts by this user
paulintheflesh Offline
Dark Side of the Moon

The moderators being signed on would help too. :(
10-12-2005 01:37 PM
AndersonCouncill Offline
Banned

We all know that the mods have been banning a lot and deleting a lot and locking a lot and whatever but the truth is the board had gone to hell weeks before all that started. ScreamThyLastScream's banning wasn't the beginning of the board dying, it just seems to be the excuse users have to treat moderators like dirt. They have a duty, and the fact is that the board does have guidelines. They are simply doing what they have been instructed to do.
10-12-2005 01:38 PM
wiez Offline
Banned

Andy, I need to respond to you. First of all regarding donations. The behaviour of the mods really does not entice me to contribute. I am cautious of contributing online but I had been thinking about it. Then I was also reminded in a recent post that I was a new member (since April 2005) therefore I was ignorant of how the board worked. I do realize that I enjoy coming to the board to read what the members are posting. I am guilty of that. I enjoyed what Martin had to say, as well as twolostsouls, price of teaand a slice. If the board really welcomes contributions, it would seem to me that they would also welcome a members posts. Thank You
10-12-2005 01:48 PM
viewaskew Offline
Wish You Were Here

This will help anwser why mods delete threads:

Quote:Hi everyone,

We had the rules put in place to keep this board a friendly place to visit, and I assure you the moderators are only trying to do their job.

Please put yourselves in their shoes, it's not always an easy task to try and keep everything in order...

This board was meant to be a fun and friendly place to talk about Pink Floyd, not get into politics and arguments.

Sure, sometimes there will be disagreements, and that is to be expected, but we ask that you please just be kind and respect others opinions.

The only solution I can come up with is that any posts from now on that have to do with "board politics", or arguments, will simply be deleted.

Remember, every post takes up space on our server. Let's use this space wisely, like for quality post's and enjoyable conversations... Not arguments where nothing gets solved, and nobody ever "wins".

We'd love to keep you, but if you find the rules to difficult to follow, their are other Pink Floyd message boards out there.

Hope everyone understands.

Now lets just get back to talkin about Floyd and havin' fun!

Thanks.

Cheers,
PFOnline
10-12-2005 01:49 PM
psychedelicsyd Offline
Banned

twolostsouls broke the rules. so did scream and the price. they had a tale to tell, and got banned because the rules of the board went against what they said. its that simple. mods are here to enforce rules. and we all read them. push a mod to far and he/she will ban you. scream did that. i dont know about the price and two lost souls, but they banned them because they broke rules. we may agree or disagree on this. i disagree with the bannings of twolostsouls (and from what i seen) theprice. but as refferees, mods have to show the red card. but a few yellows wouldnt go amiss. :(
10-12-2005 01:54 PM
EGT124 Offline
Meddle

AndersonCouncill Wrote:We all know that the mods have been banning a lot and deleting a lot and locking a lot and whatever but the truth is the board had gone to hell weeks before all that started. ScreamThyLastScream's banning wasn't the beginning of the board dying, it just seems to be the excuse users have to treat moderators like dirt. They have a duty, and the fact is that the board does have guidelines. They are simply doing what they have been instructed to do.
Agreed. People seem to jump on the band wagon when the banning of Scream caused people to think that the mods were being too harsh. This board will slowly recuperate, but it'll take a while.
10-12-2005 06:50 PM
Thread Closed 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  A Public Service Announcement: Spambots Kimbers Sheep 0 418 01-06-2011 11:39 AM
Last Post: Kimbers Sheep
  Simple Minds - Simple minds appreciation page Eclipse73 3 663 11-07-2005 01:00 PM
Last Post: wowser
  A simple question - Just want an answer....... W1P 1 626 10-18-2005 04:16 PM
Last Post: W1P
  A Simple Smile - new song Oobleck42 11 994 06-23-2004 08:00 AM
Last Post: slygirl