Thread Closed 
Simple Announcement
Woody1003 Offline
Obscured By Clouds

The Mods locked it becasue yet again, it went "out of hand."
I dont see anyway.....
then, later on they deleted it, to put this in......
end of story, to resolve the problem, I suggest waiting a few weeks, then creating a new one, and see if people treat it properly this time.
10-06-2005 01:15 PM
Find all posts by this user
Sydney Offline
Animals

All I can say in regard to the original message is Amen. All this name calling and putting down of others is senseless, just dumb. It stinks that sometimes what could be potientially good discussions are closed just because of arguments or drifting off topic. I hope that these problems become seldom now, that way we can all learn and discuss.

And if the cloud bursts, thunder in your ear
You shout and no one seems to hear
And if the band you're in starts playing different tunes
I'll see you on the dark side of the moon

Lois don't be alarmed-but I think I'm Jesus
10-07-2005 03:55 PM
wiez Offline
Banned

Well, I don't ususally read the notebook and I guess now I never will. Nice having a choice. I don't know what it was all about but that is how to suppress commentary, speech, rights. You lock it, ban it, burn it or kill it. Do I think the mods are heavy handed and out of control? HELL Ya! You deleted a complete sub topic! Are you for real????? Check yourselves. Step back and take a look. Jesus on a bike. WTF?
10-07-2005 04:27 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Alternate Gilmour Offline
Atom Heart Mother

the notebooks were all hijacked and morphed into chat rooms.

a mod kept up the warnings before hitting delete.
10-07-2005 05:04 PM
Jintzey Offline
Pigs Have Flown
Administrators

wiez Wrote:Well, I don't ususally read the notebook and I guess now I never will. Nice having a choice. I don't know what it was all about but that is how to suppress commentary, speech, rights. You lock it, ban it, burn it or kill it. Do I think the mods are heavy handed and out of control? HELL Ya! You deleted a complete sub topic! Are you for real????? Check yourselves. Step back and take a look. Jesus on a bike. WTF?
You are forgetting that wowser was the creator of the Notebook to begin with, and he can delete it if he wants. He tried deleting and restarting it several times but people kept ruining it. He probably outright gave up and decided not to restart it yet again. The mods are struggling to keep up with all the nonsense. We are not out of control; the users running rampant who can't follow a few simple rules to save their lives are. PFOnline has reassured us many times that we are doing exactly what we're supposed to be doing, so if you don't like it, go complain to him rather than badmouth us for doing exactly what he asked us to do. This is HIS site and he can run it however he wants. If you don't like it, why do you continue to use a site you despise so much? That doesn't make any sense to me whatsoever. It just makes it look like you enjoy complaining for the sake of complaining.

PinkFloydChat.net
If you've studied your Floyd properly, you'd know that pigs could fly. -- Les Claypool
~ Pigs HAVE Flown ~
10-07-2005 10:41 PM
wiez Offline
Banned

Please don't put words in my mouth. I really enjoy the site. I like the members who post their very interesting contributions and I don't dislike all of the mods either. What I appall is biased censorship for no other reason than misdirected power. If it was indeed wowser that deleted his thread, that is fine. It was his thread to delete. Please don't misunderstand me. I don't come here to praise the mods. I come here to read what the members have to say.
10-08-2005 06:16 AM
wiez Offline
Banned

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
For other uses, see Community (disambiguation).
A community is an amalgamation of living things that share an environment. The individual living beings can be plant or animal; any species; any size. What characterizes a community is sharing and interaction in any number of ways. In human communities, intent, belief, resources, preferences, needs and a multitude of other conditions may be present and common, affecting the degree of adhesion within the mixture, but the definitive driver of community is that all individual subjects in the mix have something in common. This is even true in biological communities.
10-08-2005 06:20 AM
Caravanserai Offline
Dark Side of the Moon

wiez Wrote:Please don't put words in my mouth. I really enjoy the site. I like the members who post their very interesting contributions and I don't dislike all of the mods either. What I appall is biased censorship for no other reason than misdirected power. If it was indeed wowser that deleted his thread, that is fine. It was his thread to delete. Please don't misunderstand me. I don't come here to praise the mods. I come here to read what the members have to say.
In case of the Notebook topic, deleting it can hardly be considered "censorship" or "suppressing commentary, speech, rights". If you had read the notebook topic, you would have seen that it mostly consisted of posts like " :D ", "who else's bored?" and other talk that belongs to chatroom. Had there been discussion about smaller topics and themes that don't deserve a thread of their own (which is how the topic was intended), it wouldn't have been deleted as a waste of space.
10-08-2005 06:36 AM
Jintzey Offline
Pigs Have Flown
Administrators

wiez Wrote:Please don't put words in my mouth. I really enjoy the site. I like the members who post their very interesting contributions and I don't dislike all of the mods either. What I appall is biased censorship for no other reason than misdirected power. If it was indeed wowser that deleted his thread, that is fine. It was his thread to delete. Please don't misunderstand me. I don't come here to praise the mods. I come here to read what the members have to say.
Don't put words in my mouth either. No one ever asked you, or expects you, to praise the mods. We are not here for that nor do we want that. The problem is bashing the mods for doing exactly what PFOnline asked us to do. "Don't shoot the messenger." You (and others) are quick to criticize the mods and defend the ones getting dealt with, without fully understanding the situation. We are doing our jobs the way we were asked to do them. Accept it or leave.

PinkFloydChat.net
If you've studied your Floyd properly, you'd know that pigs could fly. -- Les Claypool
~ Pigs HAVE Flown ~
10-08-2005 06:55 AM
Kimbers Sheep Offline
Sheep Rule
Super Moderators

and to add to that, no personal attacks will be tolerated whether against the mods or another member, this is in the rules but I wanna make sure it's understood here, and STOP complaining and acting like 3 years old who got their pacifier taken away, if you don't like it here then leave, because I assure you we, the mods are not going anywhere and furthermore the rules are NOT going to change just to accomodate you and your beliefs. Personally, I don't care if you like me or not, BUT you will NOT disrespect me or any other mod on the board

Ice Cream Tastes Good in the Afternoon...
10-09-2005 04:22 PM
Thread Closed 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  A Public Service Announcement: Spambots Kimbers Sheep 0 514 01-06-2011 11:39 AM
Last Post: Kimbers Sheep
  Simple Minds - Simple minds appreciation page Eclipse73 3 767 11-07-2005 01:00 PM
Last Post: wowser
  A simple question - Just want an answer....... W1P 1 681 10-18-2005 04:16 PM
Last Post: W1P
  A Simple Smile - new song Oobleck42 11 1,155 06-23-2004 08:00 AM
Last Post: slygirl