Gilmour & Sir Paul McCartney
Suezq Offline
Piper at the Gates of Dawn

Just reading over a lot of speculation in this forum about Gilmour and his other rock buddies.

Howard Stern had Sir Paul McCartney on his radio show shortly after 9-11, and interviewed him for maybe 30-45 minutes. In the course of the interview Howard asked Paul what famous people he hung out with, and Paul answers "David Gilmour". A little later in the interview, Howard asks Paul about leaving his kids a huge inheritance. Paul tells how both he and David have discussed this, and neither wants their kids spoiled by to much money and to never know what it's like to do anything on their own.

This interview was just re-broadcast on "Best of Stern" while the show was on vacation last week. It's also available on P2P networks. Type in Howard Stern on the search, and then find the Paul McCartney interview.
07-18-2005 01:59 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
The_Price_Of_A_Tea_And_A_slice Offline
Banned

Suezq Wrote:...Howard Stern had Sir Paul McCartney on his radio show...
Arghh!! Why would Paul soil his image by appearing on that awful man's show! He's Paul McFriggin Cartney! He's better than that.

What he said about not spoiling his children, however, is very noble and cool - so I guess that redeems him.

I think I read somewhere that he had his children shop at "Normal clothes stores."
07-22-2005 11:04 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
paulintheflesh Offline
Dark Side of the Moon

Ringo Starr was on The Daily Show with Jon Stewart (on Comedy Central) a couple of weeks ago and he mentioned living near & jamming with Gilmour every once and a while.
07-25-2005 05:40 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Sadie Offline
Wish You Were Here

I can't believe I missed that.
07-25-2005 09:11 PM
AndersonCouncill Offline
Banned

Yeah. Thats so cool its like I was destined to miss it.
07-25-2005 09:24 PM
The Fallen Hero Offline
Atom Heart Mother

paulintheflesh Wrote:Ringo Starr was on The Daily Show with Jon Stewart (on Comedy Central) a couple of weeks ago and he mentioned living near & jamming with Gilmour every once and a while.
I saw that too. i wasn't ready for it so I kind of jumped at the name
07-28-2005 08:08 PM
The_Price_Of_A_Tea_And_A_slice Offline
Banned

The Fallen Hero Wrote:
paulintheflesh Wrote:Ringo Starr was on The Daily Show with Jon Stewart (on Comedy Central) a couple of weeks ago and he mentioned living near & jamming with Gilmour every once and a while.
Tell me about it.

I love the beatles too, so my first reaction... and I hate admitting I thought this... but it was "You mean Ringo isn't retired?!?"

And then he said he played with gilmour... The collaboration of the gods..
07-31-2005 06:17 PM
Myriad Small Creature Offline
Obscured By Clouds

David Gimour and Paul McCartney are quite friendly. Dave played on the enitirety of Paul's Run Devil Run, plus (I think) No More Lonely Nights. Pink Floyd and the Beatles did meet once at Abbey Road (the Beatles were making Sgt. Pepper and Pink Floyd were making Piper), but it was before Dave was in the band. Dave also played with Paul when he did his one-off show at the Cavern a few years back. Interestingly enough, as friendly as the two are, they aren't afraid to take jabs at each other. Dave criticized Paul for not donating enough money to charity, and in Paul's 2002 tour program he describes choosing a set list from such a huge and storied back catalog as a daunting task, "...unless you're in Pink Floyd, and then you just play your album."
08-09-2005 03:07 PM
etphonehomeyo Offline
Animals

The_Price_Of_A_Tea_And_A_Slice Wrote:
The Fallen Hero Wrote:
Tell me about it.

I love the beatles too, so my first reaction... and I hate admitting I thought this... but it was "You mean Ringo isn't retired?!?"

And then he said he played with gilmour... The collaboration of the gods..
i was taping it because i love the beatles. aw, you thought ringo was retired? i think his new song is pretty good, especially considering how old he is. he still dresses cool, too.
08-09-2005 07:31 PM
High Mesa Floyd Offline
Relics

Is Paul a Pink Floyd fan? Has he ever talked about their work? That would be cool to hear. I heard John Lodge of the Moody Blues is a big floydian.

Edited By High Mesa Floyd on 1123830911
08-11-2005 11:11 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Gilmour as guest musician - When Gilmour plays with other artists albatroz 24 5,968 11-08-2006 02:15 PM
Last Post: Gilmour
  Gilmour + McCartney - Which Tracks Did They Collaborate On? The Thin Ice of Modern Life 6 645 02-27-2006 10:13 PM
Last Post: Sadie
  should I gut a vintage studio gibson les paul Alternate Gilmour 3 333 08-11-2005 02:51 PM
Last Post: wowser
  Les Paul video with David Gilmour appearance - check it out douglasrussel 1 287 07-17-2005 03:18 AM
Last Post: Dyolf
  Les Paul video with David Gilmour appearance - check it out douglasrussel 0 196 07-16-2005 07:13 PM
Last Post: douglasrussel