roger waters hobby - hypocrite?
Liquid Blue Offline
Piper at the Gates of Dawn

After reading an excerpt from conceptmusic.com i feel like i may have a different feeling towards the character that is roger waters. it reads as follows:

PINK FLOYD star ROGER WATERS is so disgusted by Britain's recent ban on hunting, he refuses to live here anymore and has taken up residence in America.

The veteran rocker now lives in New York's the Hamptons - famously known as a millionaires' playground - where he feels more at home than in the English countryside where traditional country pursuit fox hunting, is now outlawed.

He rages, "To slap down a perfectly gentle, fair-minded and honest yeoman-like minority in that way was just disgusting. It is also bloody stupid."

now to know that roger waters live only 28 miles from my very home is startling and exciting news to me, but knowing that man who preaches of such grace, equalities, the value of lives among other things could be a destroyer of innocent life is humorous and rediculous. Seeing with his preachy run on "leaving beruit" im in shock. one can speak of innocence and who are we to destroy the innocent and weak etc. animals touch breathe blink sleep and and live just as we do so what gives you the right to take there lives. practice what you preach and become a veggie or start writing songs about animal genocide. ???
07-31-2007 10:01 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Rogerwaterhasgonemad Offline
Dark Side of the Moon

fox hunting was a english tradition

eric clapton and other are aggaint the ban they did a concert for it
07-31-2007 11:24 PM
Wings on the Pig Offline
Pink Floyd

Liquid Blue Wrote:After reading an excerpt from conceptmusic.com i feel like i may have a different feeling towards the character that is roger waters. it reads as follows:

PINK FLOYD star ROGER WATERS is so disgusted by Britain's recent ban on hunting, he refuses to live here anymore and has taken up residence in America.

The veteran rocker now lives in New York's the Hamptons - famously known as a millionaires' playground - where he feels more at home than in the English countryside where traditional country pursuit fox hunting, is now outlawed.

He rages, "To slap down a perfectly gentle, fair-minded and honest yeoman-like minority in that way was just disgusting. It is also bloody stupid."

now to know that roger waters live only 28 miles from my very home is startling and exciting news to me, but knowing that man who preaches of such grace, equalities, the value of lives among other things could be a destroyer of innocent life is humorous and rediculous. Seeing with his preachy run on "leaving beruit" im in shock. one can speak of innocence and who are we to destroy the innocent and weak etc. animals touch breathe blink sleep and and live just as we do so what gives you the right to take there lives. practice what you preach and become a veggie or start writing songs about animal genocide. ???
I do agree with you on that one. It is very hypocritical to write albums about the deaths of innocent things and then to move away from a country because of a ban on killing animals.

R. I. P Syd Barrett (06/01/46-07/07/06)
R. I. P Rick Wright (28/07/43-15/09/08)

[Image: PFOMemberoftheYear.jpg]

"We don't want no trouble, we just want the right to be different. That's all." - pita
08-01-2007 01:31 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Pros and Cons Offline

As an animal lover, I find this disturbing as well. I knew Roger was a hunter, but I didn't realize he was so adamant about it that he would move from England to be able to pursue his "hobby". I honestly think I'm going to write him a letter about this. He needs to find a better hobby. Perhaps I'll suggest stamp-collecting.

Edited By Pros and Cons on 1185998628
08-01-2007 12:02 PM
pisania Offline

Who knew Roger Waters and Ted Nugent had so much in common! LOL
08-01-2007 01:35 PM
Pros and Cons Offline

pisania Wrote:Who knew Roger Waters and Ted Nugent had so much in common! LOL
Oooh... that just makes me shudder. And not in a good way! :laugh:
08-01-2007 03:59 PM
Philintheflesh Offline
The Wall

pinkfloydmadchris Wrote:
Liquid Blue Wrote:After reading an excerpt from conceptmusic.com i feel like i may have a different feeling towards the character that is roger waters. it reads as follows:

I do agree with you on that one. It is very hypocritical to write albums about the deaths of innocent things and then to move away from a country because of a ban on killing animals.
Steady on.
I`m very disappointed by Roger`s stance on hunting also. But saying he`s a "hypocrite" because he supports it, is a bit much.
If he was a member of the RSPCA, perhaps he would be. But suggesting he`s guilty of "double standards", because of his anti-war stance is silly. Fox-hunting is one thing....and countless thousands dying in senseless, often politically-driven conflicts is quite another. I hope you`ll agree, the latter is the much graver of the two.

By that, you shouldn`t infer that I don`t care for animal rights. In fact, very much to the contrary...I don`t think we should even kill them for food...that`s why I`ve been a vegetarian for the last 16 years (for moral reasons, not health).
For those who can`t say the same, I`ll suggest the moral indignation is misguided...also that the "hypocrisy" lies, not with Waters, but very much closer to home.

Edited By Philintheflesh on 1186016683

Icy wind of night be gone...this is not your domain
08-01-2007 04:39 PM
pisania Offline

Pros and Cons Wrote:
pisania Wrote:Who knew Roger Waters and Ted Nugent had so much in common! LOL
Oooh... that just makes me shudder. And not in a good way! :laugh:
Who knows, maybe they will play together sometime. Maybe at some NRA function. Can you picture Roger playing bass on "Cat Scratch Fever" and Ted playing guitar on "Comfortably Numb!?"

Of course I am still kidding about this....
08-02-2007 06:11 AM
Comfortably9Numb Offline
Dark Side of the Moon

im sure that wasn't the ONLY reason he left Britian, there must have been some other reasons other than that he just didn't want them noted because he talks about them in his songs (Tony Blair was in office when he left i believe)
hammers

Me = God of Chicken Wings
08-02-2007 09:18 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Pros and Cons Offline

Philintheflesh Wrote:
pinkfloydmadchris Wrote:

Steady on.
I`m very disappointed by Roger`s stance on hunting also. But saying he`s a "hypocrite" because he supports it, is a bit much.
If he was a member of the RSPCA, perhaps he would be. But suggesting he`s guilty of "double standards", because of his anti-war stance is silly. Fox-hunting is one thing....and countless thousands dying in senseless, often politically-driven conflicts is quite another. I hope you`ll agree, the latter is the much graver of the two.

By that, you shouldn`t infer that I don`t care for animal rights. In fact, very much to the contrary...I don`t think we should even kill them for food...that`s why I`ve been a vegetarian for the last 16 years (for moral reasons, not health).
For those who can`t say the same, I`ll suggest the moral indignation is misguided...also that the "hypocrisy" lies, not with Waters, but very much closer to home.
I'm veg too, and for the same reasons you are. :)
08-02-2007 09:33 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Roger Waters and playing cricket.. Brilliant read!!! Back Together 6 3,690 03-06-2014 03:33 AM
Last Post: manal18
  Does Anyone Want to Buy my Roger Waters tickets? Wembley Arena Show on September 14th PFOnline 3 734 11-01-2013 12:01 PM
Last Post: Flydavidjj
  Who the hell does roger waters think he is? DiscoPigs 59 5,781 08-19-2013 12:31 PM
Last Post: Arno Sluismans
  Roger Waters Tour Dates! EventCarParks 0 702 08-15-2013 03:16 AM
Last Post: EventCarParks
  Roger Waters interview on Howard Stern Dyolf 0 1,212 05-21-2013 04:04 AM
Last Post: Dyolf