roger waters hobby - hypocrite?
Sharky Offline
Piper at the Gates of Dawn

I see nothing hypocritical about this at all. Killing innocent people and hunting are two very different things. There is nothing wrong with hunting. I am a meat-eating hunter and I'm glad Roger hunts too. We need more hunters in this world.

Edited By Sharky on 1186089084
08-02-2007 01:08 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Pros and Cons Offline

Sharky Wrote:I see nothing hypocritical about this at all. Killing innocent people and hunting are two very different things. There is nothing wrong with hunting. I am a meat-eating hunter and I'm glad Roger hunts too. We need more hunters in this world.

:laugh: I can't think of anything we need LESS! :D
08-02-2007 02:49 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Dyolf Away
Pink Floyd

Roger lived in the US way before the ban.

And I support the ban, there is no good reason for hunting, I am also a supporter of banning smoking.

Come and join us at http://www.floydians.org and continue the PFO legacy.
08-02-2007 04:30 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
scalzmoney Offline
More

Old news. Roger's lived here in the U.S. for years.

I think a lot of it was to do with the insane taxes on high incomes in Great Britain. This is the reason they recorded 'The Wall' all over the place, as they would have been taxed on the percentage of the work created there, I believe.

Plus, if anyone's earned a ticket to a 'millionare's playground' wouldn't that include people like Roger and Dave who've worked hard for 40 years to get where they are?
08-02-2007 05:30 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Dyolf Away
Pink Floyd

scalzmoney Wrote:Old news. Roger's lived here in the U.S. for years.

I think a lot of it was to do with the insane taxes on high incomes in Great Britain. This is the reason they recorded 'The Wall' all over the place, as they would have been taxed on the percentage of the work created there, I believe.

Plus, if anyone's earned a ticket to a 'millionare's playground' wouldn't that include people like Roger and Dave who've worked hard for 40 years to get where they are?
Pink Floyd had no leave the UK in '77 because they were conned out of thousands of pounds. They went abroad to avoid British tax on royalties so they could recoup their money. But they had to become "permanent residents" of whichever country they chose to avoid UK tax, Roger went to Florida, Dave & Rick went to France and I can't remember where Nick went.

That's why Dave recorded his first solo album there, and Dave suggested Super Bear Studios for The Wall sessions, even though the drums were done in Britannia Row (The Recording Studios PF bought in 1975/6).

Dave chose France becuase it was close to the UK and he speaks French.

08-02-2007 06:06 PM
Sharky Offline

Hunting is a way of life where I live and if it someday becomes illegal in the US, it would be a shame. Banning hunting is not progress, it is bending to liberal PC BS.

Hunting is older than man. Innocent animals hunt every day to survive. Hunting puts food on the table and feeds the hungry and less fortunate. Hunting helps control the game populations.

If you're against hunting, are you against fishing? Its the same thing. Are you against farming? Farming is killing an innocent living thing in order to eat it. Are you against eating?!

Edited By Sharky on 1186111830
08-02-2007 07:29 PM
Kulvin Offline
A Saucerful of Secrets

Sharky Wrote:Hunting is a way of life where I live and if it someday becomes illegal in the US, it would be a shame. Banning hunting is not progress, it is bending to liberal PC BS.

Hunting is older than man. Innocent animals hunt every day to survive. Hunting puts food on the table and feeds the hungry and less fortunate. Hunting helps control the game populations.

If you're against hunting, are you against fishing? Its the same thing. Are you against farming? Farming is killing an innocent living thing in order to eat it. Are you against eating?!
Animals killing animals to survive is completely different than humans who hunt for fun, with a gun, when the animals don't even have time to run. Sorry but I had to... :( Plants are different than animals in the sense that they can not think or feel pain etc. No human is against eating. That was kind of silly. I am in no way against hunting, but that argument was a little too weak for me to pass by. Wouldn't want to let the people against hunting win so easily :unclesam:
08-02-2007 08:25 PM
Sharky Offline

Animals killing animals to survive is completely different than humans who hunt for fun, with a gun, when the animals don't even have time to run. Sorry but I had to... :( Plants are different than animals in the sense that they can not think or feel pain etc. No human is against eating. That was kind of silly. I am in no way against hunting, but that argument was a little too weak for me to pass by. Wouldn't want to let the people against hunting win so easily :unclesam:

I wasn't talking about plants. I was talking about beef/poultry farmers and ranchers. What is different about them than hunters? In farming/ranching, the animals are raised to be killed and have no chance for survival. In hunting, all of the animals have a much better chance to survive. The hunting laws and regulations combined with acute senses of the animals provide the animals a fair chance to survive.

If you are not against hunting and have some better arguments, the floor is yours.
08-03-2007 05:43 AM
Dyolf Away
Pink Floyd

Sharky Wrote:Hunting is a way of life where I live and if it someday becomes illegal in the US, it would be a shame. Banning hunting is not progress, it is bending to liberal PC BS.

Th British hunting ban banned hunting foxes as a blood sport, not fishing or hunting for food - it's still perfectly legal to go and shoot rabbits etc for food - as long as you have a licensed weapon.

Blood sports are wrong - and that's that, there's no good reason for it, and if twatty toffs don't like it, tough.

08-03-2007 06:00 AM
Sharky Offline

I hunt for food and sport and there is nothing wrong with that, Mr. twatty toff (whatever that means).
08-03-2007 06:58 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Does Anyone Want to Buy my Roger Waters tickets? Wembley Arena Show on September 14th PFOnline 4 1,372 09-04-2014 08:45 PM
Last Post: mohsinj677
  Who the hell does roger waters think he is? DiscoPigs 60 7,696 08-31-2014 04:37 PM
Last Post: Ben Culture
  Bricks In The Wall - Roger Waters Demos Tedadore2 8 3,751 06-18-2014 02:22 PM
Last Post: mattarnowski
  Roger Waters and playing cricket.. Brilliant read!!! Back Together 6 6,483 03-06-2014 03:33 AM
Last Post: manal18
  Roger Waters Tour Dates! EventCarParks 0 1,140 08-15-2013 03:16 AM
Last Post: EventCarParks