Plea for help in Manchester... - Tickets
mrbaggins Offline
Piper at the Gates of Dawn

Hi. I have been hopefully searching ebay now for quite some time in a desperate attempt to get tickets for David's Manchester Bridgewater Hall show, and all to no avail. Whilst at times the supply of tickets is plentyful, they are somewhat extortionately priced for a skint part-time working student such as myself.

I was wondering if any generous person out there had a spare Manchester ticket they would be willing to sell to a real fan, who genuinely loves David's music, and was too young to see him first time round, rather than a tout who intends to make a blind profit from the sale.

If so, I would be grateful if you could contact me on:

folkbeard247@yahoo.co.uk

, and name your price. I can also promise you a figurative pint for your kindness and help in the matter.

Thanks for reading....
04-17-2006 02:41 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
wish_you_were_here Offline
A Saucerful of Secrets

If i were you, i'd go to the Bridgewater Hall and ask myself if there was any spare. Although its risky, its worth a try.

I got myself 2 tickets on the day they came out, within 15 mins they had sold out. Only Ebay had a few but on Gilmours offical site it says they are on the lookout at venues of Ebay'ed tickets...

Good Luck
04-22-2006 05:28 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mrbaggins Offline

Called them and they said there weren't any spare, but to try nearer the time in case of cancellations. If all else fails, I'm just going to go down on the night and compete with touts, or do some doctor-ish haggling of my way in...
04-24-2006 02:14 AM
Dyolf Offline
Pink Floyd

He may do more shows in the UK in the summer.. you'll just have to keep a look-out on davidgilmour.com

PFO Brother of Wings on the Pig & pinkfloydfan1 and Cousin of BOOOSH
04-24-2006 02:16 AM
mrbaggins Offline

That's a point. I'm still going to keep searching though. I know some people say ebay's an advantage because of tickets available up to the event, but i think it's killing music cause it provides a wider prospective for touts, who until ten years ago were content with hovering outside the venues looking dodgy. This isn't the fault of ebay themselves, but there's a lot of greedy people out there who stop genuine fans getting a look in.

Cheers for your help, anyone who replied. Still open though. If anyone has a cancellation ticket or anything spare, please contact me. Thanks.
04-24-2006 10:46 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Swap tickets for RAH show. Pinks Pig 5 824 05-28-2006 06:02 PM
Last Post: jagahot
  Unable to Use Tickets jcm 8 731 05-18-2006 09:20 AM
Last Post: Relic
  UNUSABLE TICKETS! Dyolf 0 395 05-16-2006 05:02 AM
Last Post: Dyolf
  2 Tickets for RAH 29/05/06 - face value tickets available FixedRate 0 448 05-05-2006 06:52 AM
Last Post: FixedRate
  Spare tickets for RAH (30th) joejoe 4 426 04-26-2006 12:55 AM
Last Post: joejoe