Gilmour and Cocaine
SpitfireMkV Offline
A Saucerful of Secrets

Quote:The stuff is just bad for you, period. Even in moderation - if there's really such a thing with cocaine. I used to do quite a lot of coke for a period of about two years, going back some years now. Lived with a coke dealer, conveniently enough, so I always had easy access to it, and it became a daily part of life. I'd lost my drivers license to DUI for a year during this time, and I took up biking it to work. I remember usually doing no less than six "bumps" before hopping on my 14 speed racing bike and giving it everything I had, hauling ass to work, some 15-18 miles away. With the wind to my back, I could make it in about half an hour, most days. Looking back on that, I'm probably incredibly lucky that my heart didn't literally explode in my chest cavity.

Wow David Gilmour can bike pretty fast when he's on coke. I thought cocaine was only a stimulant and wouldn't have affects like that. I can bike pretty fast but not THAT fast, and I'm using a 21 speed bike. wait... /gets out calculator/
actually I probably can bike that fast but I'm good at biking :;):
05-17-2006 07:31 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
floydian72 Offline
Dark Side of the Moon

he said he quit when he met polly so all is well that ends well right?
05-17-2006 07:32 PM
floydian72 Offline
Dark Side of the Moon

didnt wright have a much worse problem with coke? During the wall and on right
05-17-2006 07:52 PM
Sadie Offline
Wish You Were Here

floydian72 Wrote:name me one rock star that doesent have some drug issue at some point.
Here's one I'm 100% sure of:

Roger Daltrey

He's into pysical fitness, not drugs. Always was that way. I'm sure I can think of more in time. I was going to say Paul McCartney, but he smokes pot. I don't really count that as a drug any more than alcohol, but I know most would so I didn't say him. It's definitely not an issue with him though. Well, except for when he got busted in Japan.
05-17-2006 07:58 PM
floydian72 Offline
Dark Side of the Moon

Sadie Wrote:
floydian72 Wrote:name me one rock star that doesent have some drug issue at some point.
Here's one I'm 100% sure of:

Roger Daltrey

He's into pysical fitness, not drugs. Always was that way. I'm sure I can think of more in time. I was going to say Paul McCartney, but he smokes pot. I don't really count that as a drug any more than alcohol, but I know most would so I didn't say him. It's definitely not an issue with him though. Well, except for when he got busted in Japan.
but that is some point in time where he did it. i didnt mean to sound like i was saying all rock stars were like keith richards i just think that most have had their new experiences etc. Keith Moon was 100% clean right :D :D :D
05-17-2006 08:02 PM
Sadie Offline
Wish You Were Here

You said issues, so I was going from there. Daltrey never had any issues. He probably took one drug in his life if that. As for Keith Moon. What? Did he have an issue?

:D
05-17-2006 08:10 PM
floydian72 Offline
Dark Side of the Moon

besides having "the flu" periodically and the who shows had to be canceled no he was fine. why did they even bother lying about it
05-17-2006 08:23 PM
PsychedelicLuciferSam Offline
More

Yeah I read a radio interview trancrsipt with Ginger Gilmour and she was saying how he was using more heavily when they were getting divorced. I will go and find that site later...
But Yeah how does someone who is doing apprently grand amounts of the drug put on so much weight? A very baffeling question.

Edited By PsychedelicLuciferSam on 1147933432
05-17-2006 10:22 PM
Myriad Small Creature Offline
Obscured By Clouds

Gene Simmons.
Gene's vice is sex. He's never done drugs or even drank, even in the seventies when Kiss were in their heyday. Barring one time when he accidentally ate a lot "special brownies" (he says he has a sweet tooth), he claims never to have touched the stuff. It was mostly Ace and Peter's thing.
05-18-2006 06:40 AM
whong Offline
Pink Floyd

Sadie Wrote:Roger Waters

He did some I'm sure, but there was no issue. Nothing like we're talking about with Dave here. And where is this interview? I can't find it.
I think Roger has openly admitted in recent years, that he had done a good share of hashish, especially when he was trying to quit smoking cigarettes. Substituting one for the other, more less.....which in itself is odd. That'd be like trying to stop using coke, and substituting with heroin......well maybe not quite, but you get the idea.

Edited By whong on 1148064835
05-18-2006 08:52 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Gilmour as guest musician - When Gilmour plays with other artists albatroz 24 5,408 11-08-2006 02:15 PM
Last Post: Gilmour