Inside Out audio CD - comes out today...
Along with the new paperback version of Inside Out, which features an additional chapter on Live 8, an audio cd also comes out, either today, or on 10/20, I'm not totally clear on which date. Here's more info, courtesy of pinkfloydz.com:

"Nick has been fully and enthusiastically involved throughout the production of the audio version of Inside Out. As well as enjoying recording his reading of the book, he has added a typically Floydian flourish to proceedings. As he says, ā€?To fit the book on the CDs we had to lose a couple of jokes, so weā€™ve added a lot of funny noises instead!ā€™

The chapters have been linked together by short montages which blend Nickā€™s selection from the sound and musical effects on Pink Floydā€™s albums with additional, new sound FX, including Nickā€™s beloved Ferrari 250GTO.

The use of these effects has been a trademark of all Floyd albums, from the radio voices on Astronomy Domine from their debut album The Piper At The Gates Of Dawn to the heartbeat that opens The Dark Side Of The Moon and the peals of bells on The Division Bell.

For once we can genuinely say this is an audiobook that comes complete with bells and whistles ā€“ not to mention some Arctic winds, Venetian canals, telephones, aeroplanes and a squealing pig or two!

This audiobook brings us right up to date with Nickā€™s personal view of the bandā€™s reunion with Roger Waters for Live8. The whole package comes as 3 CDs, with a 32-page booklet of photographs, in a special collectorā€™s pack, priced at Ā£15.99, and will be released on 6 October by Orion Audiobooks"

*I checked Orion Audiobook's website, and it said that the CDs are due out October 20th. So, there might be a slight delay.
Rick Wright 1943-2008. I will never change my avatar.
Okay, I guess nobody gives a sh*t. :laugh:
:laugh: No, no, FKU, it's not that at all - I am very interested in this! It's just that I haven't been able to find anything even remotely resembling Inside Out in my bookstore... glare Ah well, keep trying I guess, right? And thanks for the info. :)
"In the finished article, the only thing that is important is whether it moves you or not. There's nothing else that's as important at all." - Roger Waters, on music

cevor is my PFO daddy! Tongue
You're VERY welcome Pazzy! You're best bet's probably ordering online. :D
Good call. :D I may just see what I can do about that... :;): Cheers!
"In the finished article, the only thing that is important is whether it moves you or not. There's nothing else that's as important at all." - Roger Waters, on music

cevor is my PFO daddy! Tongue

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Inside Out book...Help ! shelly 21 4,284 05-01-2009, 11:46 AM
Last Post: shelly
  Inside Out - Audio Book meno 19 2,760 07-05-2006, 04:42 PM
Last Post: pisania
  Limited Edition of Inside Out! paulintheflesh 1 741 09-10-2005, 11:30 AM
Last Post: Topazzz
  Mine and Holly Mason's Birthdays Today Scream1008 11 1,515 06-15-2005, 02:36 AM
Last Post: Components-A
  Inside Out Eltjo 15 1,482 04-01-2005, 10:08 AM
Last Post: Skol