What is the wall movie/soundtrack about really?
Hi all
I am led to beleive the soundtrack was written and sung by Roger waters and was about his life and how he lost his dad at a young age to war etc and the songs are about him and his life. Is this true?

If yes, then what is the Comfortably numb song about?
I cant find any mention of a drug overdose for waters but to me the clip seems like its about that?

Am I right or on the wrong track?

Cheers
Chop
Um, there was a good explanation about this on the forum a while ago. Give me a minute and I will attempt to find it.
R. I. P Syd Barrett (06/01/46-07/07/06)
R. I. P Rick Wright (28/07/43-15/09/08)

[Image: PFOMemberoftheYear.jpg]

"We don't want no trouble, we just want the right to be different. That's all." - pita
Cheers
Thanks a lot :)

Chop
Sorry I took so long.

Go to this link and you will find everything you need to know about the Wall concept:

http://www.thewallanalysis.com/Intro.html

"We don't want no trouble, we just want the right to be different. That's all." - pita
Thanks heaps
Explained a lot.
I wonder how much is fictional and how much is really about his life.

What a movie though :)

Cheers
Chop
chopau Wrote:Thanks heaps
Explained a lot.
I wonder how much is fictional and how much is really about his life.

What a movie though :)

Cheers
Chop
No problem.

I don't think it details every single thing about his life but he instead uses his life as more of a foundation for the idea.

Rogers personal memorys about his father and some syd references too
chopau Wrote:Hi all
I am led to beleive the soundtrack was written and sung by Roger waters and was about his life and how he lost his dad at a young age to war etc and the songs are about him and his life. Is this true?

If yes, then what is the Comfortably numb song about?
I cant find any mention of a drug overdose for waters but to me the clip seems like its about that?

Am I right or on the wrong track?

Cheers
Chop
Well....my Analysis was that Pink ( Bob Geldof ) Had such an unfortunate life that he Mentaly built a wall around himself, singeling him out and away from everyone else. Until eventually one day he just broke down.

But I do Believe that Pink was thought up to Symbolise Roger Waters and the way that he felt. So yea I would totally say that you are on the right track about that and all of the stuff about his father dying!

SOYCD

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Describe the movie (The Wall) in ONE word! LemmyCaution 169 33,885 06-24-2015, 07:39 PM
Last Post: the madcap laughs
  Songs changed in "the wall" movie.... - Why? ilivebehindthewall 17 4,545 04-16-2014, 09:25 PM
Last Post: salar521
  Worms in The Wall (Movie) mr.a 7 2,342 08-31-2010, 03:31 AM
Last Post: Arno Sluismans
  Errors In The Wall Movie pinkfloydfan1 8 3,119 03-21-2009, 01:01 PM
Last Post: carefulwiththataxluke
  The wall soundtrack C0RP0RAL_CLEGG 25 8,074 01-21-2009, 08:56 AM
Last Post: Stiles