Poll: Favourite Syd-era album?
Pink Floyd: Piper At The Gates Of Dawn
Pink Floyd: Saucerful Of Secrets
Syd Barrett: The Madcap Laughs
Syd Barrett: Barrett
[Show Results]

Favourite Syd-era album?
Piper , although I do like alot of the solo stuff alot as far as overall album I have to say the first
Ice Cream Tastes Good in the Afternoon...
Kimbers Sheep surely takes the prize for best name on this board so far, the equivalent to my introducing Billy Bass, the singing fish as the best avatar.
Syd was a very talented man. It is very unfortunate that he could not continue in the band, however his influence always remained strong. As for his solo stuff he was pretty much out of it while they recorded but there are a few gems in there. Baby Lemonade, Gigolo Aunt, Effervescing Elephant, and Maisie were fabulous.
tarkus15 Wrote:Syd was a very talented man. It is very unfortunate that he could not continue in the band, however his influence always remained strong. As for his solo stuff he was pretty much out of it while they recorded but there are a few gems in there. Baby Lemonade, Gigolo Aunt, Effervescing Elephant, and Maisie were fabulous.
that's nonsense. his solo work is far better than the PF stuff
wowser Wrote:that's nonsense. his solo work is far better than the PF stuff
His PF work and solo work are very different although both have an identifiable Syd trademark quality to them in the song structure if not the arrangements and productions. Hard to say either is better than the other. He set high standards all the way through and retired for a quiet life never having really put a foot wrong on record. He should be very content.
even tho i voted for piper, his solo work is fantastic, its a bit hard to get into but give it time after all its not gonna sound like the piper stuff is it

:O
My favorite SB albums:
1. Piper at the gates of dawn
2. The madcap laughs
3. Barrett
4. A saucerful of secrets

Edited By Meg on 1076184707
floydianyid Wrote:even tho i voted for piper, his solo work is fantastic, its a bit hard to get into but give it time after all its not gonna sound like the piper stuff is it

:O
ya.
i like :love: syds solostuff more than the thngs he did with floyd...
well...theyr good too,but not as good as the solos.
rocker
simps Wrote:Billy Bass, the singing fish
I hate those things...
HAHA! Yes! How can they be cool if the queen has one? (and if the Sun newspaper championed them) I HATE THEM!!!

http://www.dfmm.org/news_archive/big_mouth_bass.html

[Image: big_mouth_bass.gif]